1. To reserve The Byre the client should advise us by telephone on 01271 883484 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then hold the property for seven days during which time the client should fill in the booking form together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (30 % of the total rent due) via PayPal. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send/email a confirmation receipt to you. This is a formal acceptance of the booking. Please note that if you cancel your holiday you are still responsible for paying the full rental fee. It is recommended that you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance.
2. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 4 residents unless the owner has given written permission. If the client should wish to add to or change any members of the party on the booking form they should advise us as soon as possible. Changes will be allowed at our discretion.
3. A cheque for the balance should be received by us not later than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. Failure to do this may be regarded by us as a cancellation by you of your holiday. We therefore reserve the right to re-let the cottage if full payment is not received by this date. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to clauses 1 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation on the part of the client, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to re-let the property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount.
5. In the event that the owners are constrained by unforeseen circumstances or by force majored to cancel a reservation, they undertake to make every effort to secure the rental of a similar property of equal standing: failing this, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
THE RENTAL PERIOD
6. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. We should be grateful if you would state your anticipated arrival time when returning the balance of your payment. Saturday change over day.
7. The owners maintain a very high standard of cleanliness and comfort at all times. The client undertakes to leave the cottage, its fixtures and furniture in the same good condition as they were found.
8. the Byre is strictly NON SMOKING.
9. Care should be taken by everyone in the grounds and in the vicinity of the streams and ponds.
10. All breakages/damage must be notified immediately and paid for at replacement cost (but please do not replace any broken items without the owners agreement).
11. If you fail to observe our terms and conditions we have the right to terminate your booking even if you are at the property by asking you to leave at once without any compensation becoming payable to you. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time should the need arise.
12. The owner shall not be liable to the client:
For any loss or theft of property belonging to the client or other people under his or her responsibility;
For any death or injury to the client or people under his or her responsibility.
For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of electricity, gas, oil, water, TV, telephones, radio reception.
For any loss, damage or injury which is a result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner.
For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall, within 28 days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
13. Sheets and bedcovers are supplied. If the tenancy is for more than one week, household staff will replace all linen every Saturday.
14. All items of household linen are strictly reserved for indoor use only.
15. You are requested to advise the number of spaces required on the booking form.
ELECTRICITY & HEATING
16. The property has oil fired central heating throughout. It has an electric cooker, fridge- freezer a dishwasher, a microwave, as well as a vacuum cleaner, washing machine, an ironing board and iron. Electricity and heating is included in the price.
17. Clients are strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, accidents, civil liability, repatriation and damage etc.
Tourist information brochures, leaflets and guide books are available at the properties together with a Guest Manual containing all the local information and contact numbers you should need.